Friday, March 23, 2007

He's Oscar







Some might say he is just an animal....a dog. Well in this case...he's not just a dog or an animal! He's Oscar, he's my family, my best friend, my shadow. He's my Othcar buddy, he's my crew, we're tight and we roll together... always! I don't leave him behind and he doesn't leave me. Ultimately he is my life and I am his. He's had not so finer moments in his life like chewing, diarrhea in the car even on the bed a few days after I got him, he taught other dogs that its ok to go wandering when outside for a pee, learning to beg at grandma and grandpas house, countless fast food bags have been shredded in the truck, he even jumped out of the back of the truck en route to the dog park. He has been called many things... shiney lip, stupid face, fuzzy nuts, gibble eyes, Marty, Mithter Othcar, goofball, little guy, stinky,bouncing baby boxer,peculiar, cute, beautiful.


I sat in an airport terminal for 8 hours once waiting for a plane with him and i can't count how many people stopped to say hello to him or pet him, even the people at Westjet were so taken by him they made a sign for his kennel rather than just writing his name on the top of it. He lives for the moment, not yesterday not this afternoon or tonight .... right now living for the moment. He has never hurt anyone or anything but without even knowing or trying he has the ability to make people smile, laugh, happy.... he also touches their hearts. His face might be ugly, he might not have a tail, he might drink out of the toilet or wipe his face on the carpet, he might have bad gas and snore, he might hog the bed, sleep with his head on the pillow, he might howl at certain sounds, he might play in my bath water or stick his head in the shower when I am in there, his nose might be wet, he might even get his tongue totally in your mouth when he licks your face but... he's got a heart the size of Texas and is worth his weight in gold....Well he's Oscar and I love him more than life itself

No comments: