Monday, March 26, 2007

It's been a week now


Well it's been week now since Oscar has been gone from my life, it has not been easy at all and sometimes I cry uncontrollably. I will never forget the sound of his last big sigh or the feeling of his heart as it stopped beating in my hand. The vet told me he would still be under anestetic when I got there last week but by some freak of nature he woke up as I walked in and turned the corner, the look in his eyes will forever be burned in my brain. He just looked up at me as if to say "Hey dad you're back! Please take me home to our bed" I just wish he could have seen more of his favourite people for the last time but due to circumstances I couldn't ask them to be there. We took a bunch of photos with him and all his stuffed animal buddies that I had brought with me, I know he was happy... he had his whole crew there... that was his life and thats what he lived for. I still haven't picked up the camera since that day as I am too sad to look at the photos taken. I have no pics of Oscar from the past 3-4 months as they were taken on a camera that wasn't mine and now I can't get them. I must say though that Oscar had the absolute best vet in the world last monday, they went above and beyond for him right up until the end. They could stand to teach everyone a lesson in dedication and passion, Oscar was my dedication and passion but I hope one day I can run my company and treat my customers half as good as they were to Oscar and I. I will post their names and # and if you care anything about Oscar and myself you'll find the time to make a point of calling them to thank them for everything thry did for Oscar and I.

No comments: